Navaratri starts from 8 Oct 2010 and ends on 17 Oct 2010. This post is like a review article which gets published in any scientific journal. A collection of all links, posts, related to Dasara Habba or Nada Habba as we call in Karnataka. Most of the women will be busy in the preparations for navaratri, so I thought this review may be useful to me and to my readers.
Rangoli is an art of drawing intricate designs with bare hands by female member of the family. Rangoli is drawn using rice flour or lime stone powder. Having rangoli in front of the homes is considard auspicious and they say it brings good luck to the house. Everyone wishes to have rangoli (bir or small) during these festive days.
An interesting link about Rangoli/Kolam..click on it to read more..
Kolams are decorative geometrical patterns that adorn the entrances of households and places of worship especially in South India.
Small rangolis, easy and quick to draw :
Photo and Site Courtesy : http://bookslinksandmore.blogspot.com/2009/04/kolams-geometric-art.html
2. Few more everyday rangolis: http://www.kuzhalmannamagraharam.info/articles/kolam.html
Photo and Site Courtesy : http://www.pitara.com/activities/craft/online.asp?story=19
Few Rangolis for Prayers :
Hrudaya Kamala Padma :
Photo and Site courtesy : http://kolangal.kamalascorner.com/search/label/Puja%20Kolam
Check Our Kamalas blog for many more rangolis. She has splendid collection of rangolis for you.
4. i-Kolam is a fantastic webpage with huge collection of rangolis. They also have interactive rangolis these days. Check them out at http://www.i-kolam.com/
5. Little maths about rangolis : http://sunsite.ubc.ca/Djun/thesis/java/cutseq.html
6. Border desings for rangolis : http://kolams.blogspot.com/2004/10/some-border-and-corner-designs.html
7. Lakshmi Sarathy's simple kolam designs : http://www.sysindia.com/kolam/index.html
8. Interesting designs from Kamats : http://www.kamat.com/kalranga/rangoli/index.htm
9. Another rangoli blog at http://www.kolam-sathya.blogspot.com/
Dressing Up the Dasara Dolls
Most of us who keep the doll house at home also would like to dress up the pattada gombe (royal dolls) at home. Here is how a forest arrangement and Doll decoration is made...
Check out It's Life blog at http://www.itslife.in/ for a detailed tutorial on these two topics.
Forest Arrangement :
Dressing Up Pattada Gombe
Music and Spiritual
Also if you read kannada, take a look at navaratriya ombattu dinagalu at Sampada
For Pooja vidhana, stotrams/stotragalu in Kannada visit Pooja Vidhana blog
A note to bloggers and readers :
If you want to send me any tutorial for making doll house, or any preparative article for Navaratri/Dasara Celebration please send them to email@example.com
- ► 2012 (40)
- ► 2011 (42)
- ▼ Sep (3)
- ► 2009 (88)
- ► 2008 (161)