Tomato: 3 medium size
Togari bele/Toovar dal/Toor dal: 1/2cup (1/2 cup holds 50ml of water)
Bellulli/Garlic: 3 big cloves (about 3 tsp minced/chopped garlic)
Red chilli powder: 2tsp
Tamarind juice : 1tsp
To be roasted and ground:
Jeerige/Jeera: 1.5 tsp
Menthe/Fenugreek: 1/2 tsp
Dhania/Coriander seeds: 2.5 tsp
1. Cook togaribele/Toor dal with water and a pinch of turmeric
2. Cut tomato and garlic into small pieces
3. Heat oil for seasoning and add mustard. wait till it pops, add garlic and fry. Add tomato, salt and stir. Cook till tomato till it is juicy.
4. Add ground powder, red chili powder,tamarind juice and jaggery. Mix well
5. Mash cooked togaribele and add to the above mixture. Bring to boil and taste before you serve. Adjust salt if necessary.
6. Add a teaspoon of ghee mix and serve.