Aloo Tikki Chat
For Aloo Tikki:
Potatoes : 3
Cornflour: 2 tbsp
Cook potatoes, deskin and grate them. Add salt and two tablespoon of cornflour and knead. Divide them into equal portions and make ball from each portion. Flatten the ball to get a disch shaped 1" thick. Shallow fry them on a pan. Tikkis are ready for chat.
For Pudina/Dhania (Mint/Coriander) /Green Chutney :
Roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves : 1 cup
Roughly chopped fresh mint: 1/2 cup
Green chillies: 2-3, stemmed and chopped
Black Salt-1/2 tsp
Sugar: 1/2 tsp
Freshly squeezed lemon juice: 1tsp
1. Take coriander leaves and mint in a blender and add 1/4 cup ( 50ml) of water and blend to a smooth paste
2. Add the black salt and sugar and blend again.
3. Transfer to a bowl and stir lemon juice.
For Dates and Tamarind chutney
Deseeded Dates : 15-20
Tamarind Pulp: 350 ml (soak tamarind in water and squeeze the juice)
Jaggery : 200gms (grated or powdered)
Roast and Powder: 2tsp cumin seeds and 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
Red Chilli Powder : 2 tsp
Ginger Powder: 1tsp
Black Salt: 1tsp
Table Salt: 1tsp
1. Tear/Roughly chop dates. In a non stick pan, combine dates, tamarind pulp and jaggery. Bring to boil. Add all powders and boil over medium heat, continue to cook for 6 mins.
2. Let it cool to room temperature. Preserve in a jar.
Cooked Green Peas : 1 cup
Finely chopped onions: 1/2 cup
Finely chopped tomatoes: 1/2 cup
Finely chopped coriander: 1/4 cup
Aloo Bhujia/Sev: 1 cup
Chat Masala: 1tsp
Place Aloo Tikki in a plate. Spread a tsp of green chutney and tamarind chuteny. Top it with few peas, Add onions, tomato and coriander. Drizzle little chat masala and Sev. Serve.