Kottambari Pulav ~ Coriander Pulav
Coriander Leaves - 1 cup packed
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon - 2" piece
Coconut - 6tbspGarlic - 2 (we get big ones here, so I use only 2 cloves)
Green Chillies - 5
Vegetables - Green peas (if you wish to add other vegetables, you may add)
Bread Pieces from 3 slices of bread. Deep fry them in oil and keep it ready.
Rice : 200g (Basmati Rice)
Curry Leaves : few
Oil : 2 tbsp
1. Rinse and soak basmati rice in water for 15mins.
2. Clean and wash coriander leaves. Grind coriander leaves, garlic, cinnamon and green chillies into smooth paste with little water.
3. Thaw green peas and keep it ready for pulav.
4. Heat oil in pressure cooker. Add in coriander n spices paste. Fry till the paste thickens a bit.
5. Add in peas, rice and mix well. Add salt, water for rice to cook and mix well. Pressure cook for 1 or 2 whistles.
6. When cooker cools down, pour the rice in a plate and mix with fork and put back the rice in the cooker. This time, layer the rice with bread slices. Let it sit in the cooker for 20 mins, before your serve it cool raita or mosaru sasive :)