Avarekaalu stuffed Kachori
Avarekaalu stuffed Kachori ~ Surti Lilva Kachori
Makes 20 kachoris. Time taken : 30 mins~1hr
Ingredients for Stuffing:
Avarekaalu - 200g
Avarekaalu is available as frozen packed vegetable under the name Surti Lilva.
Green Chillies - 5-10 (adjust according to your taste)
Coriader leaves - 1 small cup (roughly chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1tsp
Amchur Powder - a pinch
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1tbsp
1. Cook avarekaalu with skin and drain the water. Grind cooked avarekaalu with green chillies and coriander leaves to rough paste.
2. Heat a tbsp of oil in non-stick pan. Add jeera. Let it brown. Add ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 30 sec or till the raw smell goes away. Add turmeric powder and mix well.
3. Add in avarekaalu paste and continue to fry till the mixture is dry and holds no moisture.
4. Add amchur powder and salt and fry for 30 secs more. Remove the pan from stove and transfer the mixture to a plate to cool it down.
Ingredients for Kachori Skin:
Plain Flour (Maida) - 200g
Ghee - 1tbsp
Water- As needed
Salt- 1 tsp
Chiroti Rava soaked in luke warm water-1tbsp
1. Take flour in a big plate or a bowl, whichever is convinient for mixing. Add salt and mix well.
2. Dig a well in the center and add ghee at room temperature. You may also choose to add oil or dalda.
3. Slowly mix flour and ghee. The idea is to get oil/ghee coated to the flour. The mixture looks like crumbs when you are done.
4. Add in soaked soji and mix again. Sprinkle little water at a time and make a soft pliable dough. Let the dough rest under a cloth for 15~20 mins. Knead the dough again.
Assemble and fry:
Oil for deep frying.
Pinch a little dough and pat it on a clean surface to make a circle. Place the filling in the center.
Pull the edges and lock the stuffing inside. You should be able to pinch the extra dough out at the end. Gently press these balls or you can deep fry them as it is. Deep fry in oil till they turn gold color.
Enjoy them with your favorite chutney.
Credits : Vah Chef . Thank you!