A simple, yet flavorful Sri Krishna Prasadam.
Mosaru Avalakki ~ Yogurt Poha
Preparation time : 10 mins Total Time Taken : 15mins
Serves : 5 people
Dappa Avalakki: 2 cups
Thick Yogurt : 1 cup
Milk: ¼ cup
Corainder Leaves : 2tbsp
Ghee/Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard: Big pinch
Uddinbele : 1 Tsp
Hingu: Big pinch
Red Chili : 1
Curry leaves: few
Salt for taste
Grated coconut : as per taste
1. Wash avalakki 3-4 times and leave it aside for 10 mins.
2. Beat thick yogurt with enough salt for the avalakki. Let it be lump free.
3. Heat a tsp of oil or ghee in a small pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard stops popping, add uddinbele and fry till they brown. When you see dal turning brown, add chili, hingu, curry leaves and mix well. Fry till curry leaves become crisp.
4. To pre-washed avalakki add yogurt, milk, prepared seasoning and mix well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.
5. Do not forget to offer it to Sri Krishna before serving.
6. Sarvam Sri Krishnarpanamastu.
Dappa Avalakki – Thick Poha or Thick Avval or Rice Flakes
Uddinbele – Urid dal,
Hingu – Hing or Asafoetida