Ice Cream means every thing to my 2 year old who even dreams of ice cream. He woke up in the middle of the night and was licking up his finger saying 'nummy ice cream' ..... Well, all a mom can do is to make some 'nummy..er...yummy' ice cream for this dreamer. He enjoyed it like this...
The happiness, the simle after he saw the ice cream was priceless...
Pista Badam Powder :
Pistachios or Pista : 4tbsp
Almonds or Badam: 2 tbsp
Cashewnuts or Kaju: 5
Cardamom : 5
Saffron: few strands
Nutmeg (grated) : a big pinch
Fry the Pistachios, Almonds and Cashewnuts on a pan to make them crisp. It takes around a minute or little more. Powder with the rest of the ingredients except saffron to a coarse powder. Add saffron strands and mix. Store it in a cool place.
Kulfi recipe from Manjula's Kitchen
Milk : 500ml (I used Amul blue carton milk)
Sugar: approx 4 tbsp (add more if you like it very sweet)
Pista Badam powder: 1 tbsp
Bread : 1 slice
1. Boil the milk and reduce it to half the qty. I boiled it untill it was thicker than the original consistency. Actual recipe calls for reducing the milk to half of its quantity.
2. Make paste of bread and cornflour with little milk. Keep it aside.
3. Add sugar, pista badam powder to the thickened milk and mix well. Continue to stir, as it may stick to the bottom of the pan. Slowly add in bread n cornflour paste and continue stirring untill the mixture becomes thicker. Switch off the stove and let the mixture cool.
4. Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe bowl. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and freeze it for 7-8hrs.
5. Alternatively, you can pour the mixture to individual pots or popsicle moulds.
6. Enjoy your kulfi topped with crispy honey cornflakes like my children :)
Little hands at work: 'Amma I wanna make pachiti' err..it's chapati..