Wishing everyone a very happy Sharad Navaratri -2015
1. Place a kalasha - fill water in a pot. Add turmeric, vermillion, a coin, few grains of yellow rice (akshate). Keep a dot of turmeric and vermillion on kalsha. Place two betel leaves inside the kalasha.
2. Keep this kalasha on a platform which has been cleaned. Draw a 8 petaled open lotus on this cleaned surfaced before placing the kalasha.
3. If chamundeshwari photo or any durga goddess photo is at home, you can place it for prayers.
4. Additionally I have placed Srichakra for prayers. It is auspicious to pray to Srichakra which houses all gods in it.
5. Ganesha idol is placed in front as he is the one who will be prayed first.
6. I have also placed Sarawati and Durga idols in the altar which I had at home.
7. Light the lamp and offer prayers. Offer prayers as per your ability for 9 days.
8. On the 10th day, this kalasha will be removed.
A closer view :