A simple and delicious pista burfi to celebrate deepavali with your loved ones..
Recipe Source : Various, modified to suit our palate
Pista Powder : 1 cup
Blanch and peel out the skin of pista. You can put them in warm water to blanch. Wipe them with clean towel. Fry/Roast these blanched pista till crisp. You can use Microwave, stove top method to fry/roast them. Let them cool down. Powder these crispy pista to get chunky powder.
Nutmeg Powder : 1 big pinch
Cardamom Powder : 1 big pinch
Saffron Strands : few
Sugar: 3/4 cup
1. Mix nutmeg powder, saffron strands, cardamom powder with chunky pista powder
2. Grease a flat plate and rolling pin with little ghee and keep it ready
3. In a heavy bottomeed pan, take 3/4th cup sugar and very little water and bring it to boil.
4. Boil sugar syrup till you get 1 string consistency. A frim string is formed when a drop of syrup is pulled between two fingers.
5. Add a tsp of ghee, and mix
6. Reduce the flame and start adding pista powder slowly, while folding it with sugar solution.
7. When the mixture starts leaving the base and comes together like a ball, transfer it to a greased plate.
8. Roll it with greased rolling pin. Cut into desired shapes when it is hot. You can decorate it with saffron strands and pista.
9. Our burfi was so tempting that we did not think of decking it up before we happily submerged it in!
Indulge and celebrate deepavali ............