Wishing one and all a very Happy Ugadi
Perhaps, this has been one of the most awaited posts on this blog. I have received many emails from readers about Taste of Mysore minus Mysore Pak post. Presenting hero of the city of Mysore.....Mysore Pak. This post comes from a Mysore Pak fan, Nandita Srinath. She had emailed me the recipe but when I requested her for a picture, she took out some time to make them and send me the yummy click too.. Thank you Nandita.
Here is how Nandita makes Mysore Pak :
Ingredients:1 small tea cup bengalgram flour roasted (Kadalehittu)
2 cups of ghee (Tuppa)
2 cups of sugar (Sakkare)
1. Mix the gram flour in half a cup of ghee
2. Dissolve sugar in 2 cups of water.Use a heavy bottomed pan. Wait till all the sugar is dissolves completely with no residue sugar or else the whole gram flour will become a lump.
3. Pour all ghee into the syrrup and keep stirring untill it blends with the syrrup then add gram flour into the syrup stirring it occationally avoiding lumps
4. Keep on stirring and turning the mixture constantly or else it will get burnt.
5. Continue stirring it till it starts leaving the sides of the vessel and attains honey comb shape and then pour it into a ghee smeared plate.
6. Cut into desired shape when it is still hot. Eat and Enjoy.
If you have still not decided what to make for Ugadi, Nandita's Mysore Pak is tempting enough to keep it as an option.
Cricket World Cup 2011
I am sure, none of you missed that fantastic World Cup match, nor did we miss it nor did any Indian living in Singapore missed it. Some followed it on Internet, some gathered at friend's place to watch. Many organisations had arranged for a big screen watch of live telecast. Global Indian International School was kind enough to arrange for a Stadium like Screening of World Cup match for its students, staff and parents. Thank You GIIS. Around 1500 plus crowd watched the match with loud cheer and euphoria. Drums, trumpets and whistels blew, cheering never stopped! It was an amazing evening. Dhoni's dare devils made every Indian proud. Few pictures from Singapore...
We enjoying the match.....
3 Big Screens to watch from all angles :D
Victory from our screen......