I am a great fan of akki rotti and I love all it's variations. I recieved an email from Savita Keshav, who had given me a new variety of akki rotti. She was kind enough to get me photographs too.. Here is Savita Keshav's delicious and finger licking sihi kumbalakayi akki rotti :
"Sihi kumbalakai akki rotti (Makes 12 small sized akki rotti)
1. Rice flour 6 cups
2. Grated sweet pumpkin 2 cups
3. Finely chopped green chillies 6 - 8
4. Cumin seeds 1 - 2 teaspoon
5. Finely chopped coriander leaves 1 tablespoon
6. Salt to taste
7. Hing (aesofotida) 1/2 teaspoon
1. Mix all the above ingredients together with water to make dough of toothpaste consistency.
2. Take a lemon ball size of dove and spread it on a non stick pan with your hand so that the thickness is even.
3. Cook the rotti until light brown. Pour 1 teasoon of oil around the rotti.
4. Serve hot with a dollop of butter and tomato chutney."