Neer Uppinkayi~ How do you like to eat Chakli or Murukku?
250g: White Sesame Seeds
250g: Green Chillies
1/2 fistful: Fenugreek Seeds or Menthe
1 bigbulb: Garlic
2-3numbers: Dry Turmeric root (harishina kombu)
As required: Salt
1. Break turmeric root into small pieces. Soak in little water for 4 hours.
2. Soak White sesame seeds and Fenugreek seeds separately for 4 hours.
3. Grind soaked Turmeric root, garlic an green chilies to a coarse paste. Let me call it Paste1.
4. Grind sesame seeds with fenugreek seeds to smooth paste. Call it Paste2.
5. Mix Paste 1 and Paste 2. Add salt and grind to smooth paste. Transfer this to a sterilized glass jar.
Keep it in hot Sun for a week before you use it.
6. Alternatively you can put it on a window pane where there is enough Sunlight.
7. Mix well before you serve it with Chakli/ Chakkuli/Murukku.