It is raining contineously here in Singapore. Looks like rain god is very happy with us here :) It is always good to have a cup of coffee with these bondas and stare at the rain which is pouring like there is no tomorrow to it.
It is very simple to make these ..
For palya (vegetable stuffing)
Potato -3 (cooked and mashed well)
Onion-1 (chopped into fine pieces)
Green Chilli - 2 or 3 (slit vertically)
For bonda batter :
Chickpea flour (1 cup), salt, rice flour (1tbsp), soda-bi-carb (adige soda or cooking soda)
Sieve the flours and mix with enough batter to make a thick batter which looks like dosa batter.
Oil for deep frying
1.Pressure cook potatoes, peel the skin, mash into rough pieces.
2. Cut onions into small pieces and slit chillies vertically.
3. Heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds stop popping, add turmeric
and green chillies.
4. Add in chopped onions, reduce the flame, add salt, cover and cook for few mins.
5. When onions are soft, switch off the stove and add mashed potatoes. Mix well.
6. You can add in chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and make small lime sized balls.
7. Heat oil on medium heat for deep frying.
8. Prepare bonda batter as said above. Drop the potato balls in bonda batter and coat them
with bonda batter and spoon them into hot oil. You can use a spoon for this purpose.
9. Deep fry untill golden brown.