Benne Gulkand ~ Butter with RosePetal Jam
Slurrrp!!!! If you have eaten this yummy dessert in Bangalore you would scream with me to say, Yeh dil maange more, ahaa... :)
It is one of the simplest desserts to assemble, quick and easy to make. All you need is-
1. Gulkand (preserved rose petals in sugar syrup) - Available in many places in Bangalore
2. Benne or Butter
3. Toasted Nuts - Cashew Nut, Pistachios, Walnut, Almond
4. Dried Fruits - Cranberry & grapes or raisins
5. Fresh Fruits - Banana, Apple, Strawberry, Blueberry
6. Ice Cream - Any Flavor (I prefer vanilla flavor)
Few notes before we proceed to assemble :
1. Toast Nuts. Cut them into small pieces. Let them cool down which will make them crispy
2. Banana is most suitable fruit for this. Try avoiding Oranges, Pineapple, Guava.
3. Gulkand is preserved rose petals in sugar syrup.Taste the Gulkand to know how sweet it is. This will help to choose right fruits.
4. Use butter at room temperature.
1. Cut fruits into small pieces. Toast Nuts and chop them into small pieces.
2. Mix butter and Gulkand well. I have added 1/2 tsp of butter to 1 tbsp of Gulkand. Shops add much more than this.
3. Take a desired bowl to assemble the dessert.
Layer 1- Cut Fruits - Strawberry, Apple, Banana and Blueberries at the top.
Layer 2 - 1tsp of dry fruits (raisins, cranberries etc)
Layer 3 - Gulkand+Butter mixture
Layer 4 - Sprinkle chopped nuts
Layer 5- Ice cream
Round it off by grating a pistachio on top and place a cranberry on it. Here you go!
ENJOY with or without Icecream. Both taste sinful.