Vadappi is Rice Flour Poori. Plain Vadappi is blogged on Taste of Mysore here.
Ideal for weekend breakfast, these pooris mixed with chilli onions etc do not even call for a side dish.
Ideal for Breakfast
Serves : 5 Adults
Rice Flour - 500g
Jeera - 1tbsp
Onion - 1 big
Coriander Leaf - 3tbsp
Curry Leaf - 2 tbsp
Green Chilli Paste - 1tbsp
Oil for deep frying
1. Chop Onion, Coriander and Curry leaf into very small pieces.
2. Grind green chillies to make a smooth paste
3. Mix Rice Flour, Chopped Onion, Coriander, Curry leaf, Salt, chilli paste, jeera .
4. Sprinkle water little at a time and and mix the ingredients. At this stage, the dough should resemble bread crumbs as shown in the picture. Take little dough aside and add little more water to make a firm dough.
5. Pinch a lemon size dough and make a round ball. Grease your palm with oil and pat the round dough into circle.
6. Grease your fingers and remove the circle from your palm and dip them into hot oil and fry till they are golden brown on both sides. These vadappis do not puff up.
7. Serve with your favorite chutney or it goes well with tomato sauce too :)
5. A mug of coffee and these vadappis' are a great combination