Wishing you all a very happy dasara habba
Namma maneya bombe mane(doll house)
I guess you all had a very busy dasara festival. Here is a simple yet yummy sweet for your dasara festival.
I have tasted peda from many shops. My favorite is always nandini milk peda. I love the grainy texture of nandini peda. Here is my recipe to such grainy yet soft milk pedas.
Recipe Source: Many websites on the internet. This recipe has been tweaked to suit my like.
Makes 15~20 small size pedas. Time: 30 mins
Butter - 2 tbsp
Milk Powder- 3~ 4 tbsp
Paneer - 100g (grate measured paneer)
Sugar - According to your taste
Cardamom(Elaichi) Powder -1/2 tsp -Optional (flavor)
Saffron - few strands - optional (granishing)
Pistachios - 5-6 - optional (garnishing)
1. In a hot non-stick pan, add butter. When butter melts, add milk, milk powder and grated paneer.
2. Keep stirring this mixture on medium flame untill the mixture thickens.
3. Continue to stir untill the mixtures comes in the center and forms a dough. Picture shown below.
4. Remove this dough from the stove and keep it aside to cool. It takes approximately 15 minutes to reach this step. Cooling takes another 15 mins.
5. When the mixture is warm, add in sugar. I have not mentioned sugar quantity here as you can vary the sweetness of peda according to your taste. I have used about 3 tbsp of sugar for the above quantity. You can add more.
6. Add in elaichi powder or your prefered flavoring agent. Mix sugar and flavors well. Once done, make them into small balls and press them down in the center. Garnish with pistachios and saffron.
7. Serve it with a smile :)
Do wish your loved ones a very happy festival!!
Till next time, enjoy your day!