Bellada Avalakki ~ Jaggery Poha
Preparation time : 10 mins Total Time Taken : 15mins
Serves : 3 people
Dappa Avalakki: 1 cups
Grated Jaggery : 1/2 cup
Milk: 1 Tbsp
Grated coconut : for garnishing
Grated Jaggery: for garnishing
Ghee : 1 tps:
Cashews and raisisns : few
1. Wash avalakki 3-4 times and leave it aside for 10 mins.
2. Grate Jaggery. Add grated jiggery, a Tbsp of milk to avalakki and mix well. Reserve little grated jiggery for garnishing.
3. Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins. Mix it with prepared sweet avalakki. Garnish with freshly grated coconut and grated jaggery.
4. Do not forget to offer it to Sri Krishna before serving.
5. Sarvam Sri Krishnarpanamastu.
Dappa Avalakki – Thick Poha or Thick Avval or Rice Flakes
Jaggery – Bella or Vellam or bellam or palm sugar