Preparation time : 10 mins Total Time Taken : 15mins
Serves : 5 people
Dappa Avalakki: 3 cups (See Notes)
Green Chili: 8
Curry leaves: Few
Oil : 3Tbsp
Mustard, Hingu, Peanuts, Urid dal, and Chana dal for oggarane/seasoning.
Turmeric: A big pinch
Finely chopped coriander and freshly grated
Coconut for garnishing
Lemon Juice : 1Tbsp
1. Wash avalakki 3-4 times and leave it aside for 10 mins.
2. Slit green chili vertically. Chop curry leaves and coriander leaves.
3. Heat oil in a pan and pop mustard seeds. Add peanuts, chana dal and urid dal. Fry till they are brown n crisp. Throw in green chilies, curry leaves, turmeric and hing. Switch off the stove. Add soaked avalakki and salt. Mix well. On a medium heat, fry avalakki till it is warm.
4. Garnish with coriander, grated coconut and lemon juice.
5. Do not forget to offer it to Sri Krishna before serving.
6. Sarvam Sri Krishnarpanamastu.
Dappa Avalakki – Thick Poha or Thick Avval or Rice Flakes
Kadalebeeja – Peanuts
Uddinbele – Urid dal
Kadalebele – Chana dal