Preparation time : 10mis Serves : 2-4 people
Total Time Taken : 30 mins
Onions: 10 medium sized
Red Chilies : 10 (5 byadgi+5guntur)
Tamarind Extract: 1 Tbsp + 1tsp
Jaggery/brown sugar: ¾ Tbsp
Salt for taste
Oil: for frying
Mustard, Curry Leaves for Oggarane
1. Peel onions and cut them into rough cubes of 1” size.
2. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan fry red chili and onion till chili plumps and onions get coated with oil and become warm.
3. Cool the above mixture, add tamarind extract, j aggery/brown sugar, salt and grind in a mixer grinder to smooth paste without using water.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in the same pan as used before. Add mustard seeds. Once it stops spluttering, add curry leaves and ground chutney. Fry chutney for 3-4mins. Check salt and adjust the flavors. Fry for next 1-2 mins. Switch off the stove and let it cool before you serve it with kadubu, chapathi, dose or idli.
5. Masale Chapathi – Apply 1 tbsp of chutney over half-fried chapathi. Deliciousness reaches another level when you apply a tsp of ghee over. Fold chapathi and serve.
6. Enjoy Madi!