Recipe Source : Nisha Madhulika's Blog
Green Chili - 8
Chickpea Flour (Besan / Kadalehittu) - 3/4 cup
Jeera- 1/2 tsp
Hing- A big pinch
Turmeric- a big pinch
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Amchur powder- 1 tsp
Garam Masala- 1tsp
Fennel Powder- 1/4 tsp
1. Slit Green Chilies length wise and remove all seeds. Keep it aside.
2. Sieve chickpea flour. This helps to remove all lumps.
3. Heat 2 tsp of oil. Add hing, jeera and turmeric. When jeera starts turning red, add besan flour. Fry on low flame till nice you get nice aroma. Add coriander powder and fennel powder. Switch off the stove and remove the pan from the stove. Mix these powder well and leave it aside for 3-4 mins.
4. Transfer this mixture to a plate. Add garam masala powder, amchur powder and salt. Mix well. Salt should be little more as you stuff them into chilies. This helps the chili skin to absorb little salt and Chili tastes good. Stuff the chickpea flour or besan flour mixture into chilies.
5. Heat remaining oil and line these stuffed chilies. With the help of tongs flip the chilies slowly. When Chili is fried from all sides, switch off the stove and serve it hot with rice/roti.
This was our thali yesterday night. Methi Dal, Thondekayi Palya and Stuffed Chili...yummmm it was.. you too enjoy!