Mix Vegetable Kootu
Preparation time : 20min Cooking Time: 45mins Total Time Taken : 1 hr Serves : 5 people
Togaribele (Pigeon Peas): 1 cup
Alasandekaalu(cowpeas) : 1 Tbsp
Mix Vegetable : Carrot, Beans, Chaoyte Squah(Seemebadanekayi), Potato
Turmeric: a big pinch
Brown Sugar or Jaggery – little for taste
Grated fresh Coconut : 3 Tbsp
Red Chilies : 3~4
Urid Dal- 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds- 1tsp
Salt for taste
1. Clean and chop vegetables into small 1” pieces.
2. Clean and Wash Toordal and cowpeas.
3. Cook dal and veggies in pressure cooker with a big pinch of turmeric.
4. Fry the ingredients under ‘to grind’ category except coconut. Do not fry coconut.
5. Grind the fried masala with coconut with little water to make smooth paste.
6. Mix cooked dal vegetables and ground masala paste. Add salt, jiggery and bring to boil. Taste it to adjust salt levels.
7. Serve with hot rice and sundried & fried yogurt chili