Blog: www.tasteofmysore.com Author: Lakshmi Grandhim
Preparation time : 10min Mixing Time : 5mins Total Time Taken : 25min
Makes : 12 idlis
200g : Prepared Idli Batter
2 num: Onions
2 tsp : Green Chili paste
1 tbsp: Coriander leaves
1tsp: Curry leaves
1tsp : Chanadal
1tsp : Uriddal
1. Chop onions, curry leaves and coriander leaves into fine pieces.
2. Grind green chili with little salt to smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard. When mustard stops popping, add chanadal and urid dal. Fry till they turn golden brown. Add onions, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
4. Fry onions for 1 minute. Switch off the stove and let the mixture cool. Add prepared idli batter and little salt.
5. Mix the batter well. Pour the batter into idli moulds and steam cook for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with coconut chutney.
1. You can add vegetables along with onions. I add grated carrot, frozen green peas sometimes.
2. If you do not like onions, just add chili paste and make khara idlis.