Simple and Quick to make lunch and dinner are always on look for working women. This simple dal with rice and chapathi makes a very satisfying meal. Here you go with the recipe:
Spinach(washed, chopped and tightly packed)-2cups
Moongdal/dried skinless yellow mung beans-1cup
Turemeric - 1 big pinch
Lemon Juice from 1 small lemon
Oil, mustard, curry leaves and asafoetida/hing
How to make:
1. Pressure cook spinach and mung beans with a pinch of turmeric and green chillies
2. With a hand blender or using back of laddle blend cooked dal&spinach. The resulting mix is a bit mushy. Do not make a paste.
3. Heat oil, and do tampering by adding the ingrediants mentioned in the order above
4. Now pour spinach dal mix over the tadka and add required quantity of salt and bring it to boil
5. Simmer it for another 2-3mins and remove from stove. Add lemon juice when dal is warm so as to keep the sour taste. Add only required amount of juice, mix taste and then add again.
6. Serve with chapathi and rice.