Eggless Ragi Cookies
Special Thanks to Ms Sanjeeta from Lite Bites
Eggless Ragi Cookies ~ Finger Millet Cookies
A healthy treat for your loved ones
Blog: www.tasteofmysore.com Author: Lakshmi Grandhim
Preparation time : 25mins Baking Time : 10 mins Total Time Taken : 40 mins
Makes : a dozen
Ragi Flour : 206g
Corn Flour : 2tbsp
Plain Flour (maida) : 2tbsp
Cocoa Powder: 10g
Instant Coffee Powder: 1 tsp (I skipped this)
Baking Powder: 1tsp (you can use 3/4tsp)
Ghee : 4 tbsp
Yogurt : 1tbsp +1/2 tbsp
Palm Sugar (Dark Brown Sugar) : 100g (you can use 50g more)
1. Roast Ragi flour in low flame till the raw smell in ragi fades away.
2. Combine Ragi flour, corn flour, plain flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder and baking powder well. Sieve them to mix well. I repeated 2-3 times.
3. Melt ghee, add powdered palm sugar, milk and yogurt. Beat well till jiggery dissolves.
4. Add a tbsp of ragi glour mixture to the ghee and mix well till you finish adding all the flour.
5. Preheat the oven at 195°C. Line baking sheet on a tray.
6. Make small rounds and press them down. You can top these cookies with chocolate chips if you prefer. I skipped this step.
7. Arrange these cookies on the lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or till done.
1. You can use less baking powder since the ragi flour is not like plain flour which takes 1tsp of b.powder:140g of flour.
2. You can add a little more milk if the final mixture is a bit dry.
3. Do not forget to fry ragi flour. This is an important step.