This is a must try if you are believe in the goodness of fenugreek. Bitterness is not felt at all!
Thanks to Nagashree.
Serves : 3-4 ; Time Taken : 20 minutes
Recommendation : Accompaniment to Rice
Fenugreek Seeds : 1tbsp
Mustard Seeds: 1/4 tsp
Oil: 1 tsp
Curry Leaves: 4-5
Asafoetida: a pinch
Grind to smooth paste
Coconut- 1tbsp +1tsp
Mustard: 1/2 tsp
Tamarind: 1tsp (thick tamarind juice)
Jaggery(Palm Sugar): 1tsp
Turmeric: a pinch
Coriander Leaves: 2 sprigs
Green Chillies: 2
Salt to taste
1. Grind to smooth paste all the ingredients listed under that section.
2. Heat oil (on low-medium heat) in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once it stops popping, add curry leaves, asafoetida and fenugreek seeds. Fry till fenugreek seeds are golden brown. Take care not to burn them.
3. Add in the smooth paste and mix well. Add little water to it and boil the mixture for 5-10 mins or till fenugreek seeds plump up or turns soft. Check salt and adjust according to your taste. Remove the pan from stove and keep it aside.
4. Let this saasve rest for 30 mins before you serve.
5. I served it saasve with rice and sun dried yogurt chilli.