Kulcha Recipe ~ Basic
Preparation time : 1 hr Cooking Time : 10mins Total Time Taken : ~70mins
Makes ~ 15 Kulchas
1. Sieve flour, salt, sugar, soda, baking powder. Sieving adds invisible ingredient, air , which is required for making kulcha fluffy n soft.
2. Add milk and curds. Mix well to form a firm yet soft dough. Knead the dough well. I use my food processor with dough hook for kneading.
3. Rest the dough for 20-30mins.
4. Pinch a lemon sized dough and roll it into a circle. Not to worry about the shape.
5. Lift half the rolled circle and spread sesame seeds and coriander leaves. Close it and gently roll it with rolling pin.
6. Transfer it to hot pan. When you start seeing bubbles, flip it and toast it. After flipping, I usually toast it on stove top directly.
7. Apply butter/ghee/oil once you remove kulcha from stove top. Serve immediately.
1. Do not use water to make the dough.
2. You can use oven to bake kulchas too! Try it!
A collage to help you in rolling kulchas..
I served it with Broccoli Makhani ...............