Raddish in Huli/Sambar, Chutney, Parantha, Mosaru Sasive/Raita, Chutney are few dishes which we like to eat. Here is a tasty chutney which matches well with chapthi or rice. I will be posting few vegetable chutneys in line over next few days/weeks
You need the following for chutney :
Long white Raddish : 10 small sized (clean, scrape and chop into 2" thick discs)
Oil : 2 tsp
Kadale poppu/Roasted gram : 1tbsp (you can use chana dal as an alternative)
Red Chillies : 5 (adjust according to taste)
Grated Wet Coconut : 2 tbsp
Cumin/Jeera :10 grains
Tamarind Extract : 1 tbsp
Oil, mustard, redchillies,uddinabele/urad dal (optional), curry leaves
1. Heat 1tsp of oil in a non stick pan and sautee Raddish till they become pale n soft. You may want to cover the lid in between and leave it which helps a lot esp while cooking consciously. This may take 3-5 mins
2. Remove Raddish to a plate and let it cool. Dry roast red chillies and jeera in a pan. If you are using chana dal remember to fry it before using.
3. Take sauteed raddish, roasted red chillies, jeera, salt, tamarind extract, kadalepoppu in a blender/mixer grinder and grind it to make a smooth paste.
4. Chutney is ready. If you want chunky chutney you may add finely cut pieces of raddish to chutney.
5. Do tampering/tadka and pour over chutney. Serve with your favorite maincourse.
- ► 2012 (40)
- ► 2011 (42)
- ► 2010 (38)
- ► 2009 (88)
- A slaute to brave hearts and a message to take ......
- Congress ~ Spicy Peanuts
- Capsicum Yenngai
- Heerekayi Thove/Tovve (Ridge Gourd with Lentils)
- Haagalakayi Palya / ChineseBitter Melon in Tamarin...
- Chirumaalu Payasam
- Ragi Mudde Rotti
- Eggless Chocolate Cake to Celebrate Shower of Awar...
- Chutneys- Carrot, Beet and Brinjal
- Salads for 'Challenge' /Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- ಈರುಳ್ಳಿ ಚಪಾತಿ/Onion Chapathi
- Tangy Green Tomato Chutney
- Moolangi Chutney/Raddish Chutney
- Kajjaya/Deepfried sweet bread
- Paddu / Gundponglu
- Almond Pista Kulfi
- Ukkarisida Akki Rotti & Heerekayi Palya - Reader's...
- ▼ Nov (17)