I was impressed with the combination of green beans and tomato in a soup. I had decided to make this soup someday. I thought it was right opportunity to try out this soup when SWC-Soups is anounced. Thanks Neha for hosting the event.
You can check the recipe at THE SPICE CAFE. It is simple and filling soup. Thanks coffee for sharing your recipe with us.
Green Bean and Tomato Soup
2 medium to large tomatoes (chopped)
1 cup green moong beans (washed and soaked/rehydrated for 4 hours)
I varied this ratio as per my taste
1 onion (roughly chopped)
1/2 whole red chili (chili padi)
2 small cloves of garlic
1 cup chopped corriander( I omited it as I did not have them)
1-2 tsp sugar (optional)
salt to taste
1.Pressure cook all ingredients with little water except coriander leaves, salt and sugar
2.Remove excess water and let the mixture cool down
3.Add corainder leaves to cooked mixture and blend /run hand blender
4.Add remaining water or extra water to desired consistency (my soup was thick), add salt, sugar and warm the soup.
5. Serve hot with croutons, but we liked it without croutons :D
This bowl of soup goes to Neha who is hosting SWC-Soups and Sanghi for her event FIL-Tomato
Now Sanghi asks us to write " Choose a lovable person you would like to dedicate your most loved recipe and write a few pleasing lines on why you chose them".
I prepared this soup for myself, because I loved the combination of moong and tomato and it turned out exactly the way I had thought of! Thanks to Coffee for her recipe :)
- ► 2012 (40)
- ► 2011 (42)
- ► 2010 (38)
- SWC-Meals on Wheels
- Tambittu/ತಂಬಿಟ್ಟು for Shivarathri
- Green Bean and Tomato Soup ~ from Spice Cafe
- Mavinakayi Chitranna in 5 easy steps/Raw Mango Ric...
- Kitchen Essentials ~ Pickle Powder, Chilli Powder ...
- Sago Almond Milk ~Sabbakki Badami Haalu
- Jackfruit and Banana Halwa
- Sorekayi/Doodhi Halwa
- Menthesoppu Avarekaalu Bhath
- Raw Mango Chutney~Mavinkayi Chutney
- Green Chilli Paste ~Keep it Ready Kitchen Essentia...
- Sago Idlis/Sabbakki Idli ~ Instant Idlis
- SWC-Salads Round up
- Raddish Salad in Yogurt/Moolangi Mosaru
- Khara Bun/Fennel Flavored Buns ~ Eggless
- Keep it Ready - Preserved Raw Mango ~ Kitchen Esse...
- Maddur Vade
- Tea Masala/ Fragrant Spice Mix for Milk Tea
- Anouncing AFAM-Jackfruit
- ▼ Feb (20)
- ► 2008 (161)