Home grown avarekaalu also added to sambar :
Preparation time : 10 mins Total Time Taken : 30~40 mins
Serves : 5 people
Avarekaalu (Hyacinth Beans): 150g
Brinjal : 1
Small Onions: 5
Coriander Seeds: 2tsp
Fenugreek Seeds: 8 seeds
Mustard seeds: few grains
Black Pepper: 5 seeds
Raw Onion – 1 Tbsp
Tamarind Paste: 2Tbsp
Jaggery: a big piece
1. Wash avarekaalu. Cut brinjal, and potato and wash 2 times.
2. Cook avarekaalu, brinjal and potato with a pinch of turmeric in pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
3. Fry all items under “to grind” except for coconut and onions. Let it cool down. Grind it with coconut and onions to smooth paste.
4. Add the ground paste with avarekaalu, tamarind, jaggery and salt. Add more water to thin down the sambar. Bring to boil. Taste and adjust the flavors.
5. Serve with ragi mudde or hot rice.