Sabbakki Vade ~Sabudana Vada
Preparation time : 3hrs Serves : 5 people
Sabbakki (Sago): 1cup
Potato : 2
Green Chili paste :1 tsp
Peanuts: a handful
Cornflour: 1Tbsp +1tsp
Jeera: ¼ tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 Tsp
Salt for taste (Use Sea salt if you are making it for fasting)
Oil: for deep frying
1. Wash Sabbakki/Sabudana in 1.5cups of water for 2hrs. Drain water completely. Blot the wetness on sago with a tissue or use kitchen towel to spread sago on it. Leave it for 5-10mins.
2. Fry peanuts on a pan. Let it cool. Grind to coarse powder.
3. Cook Potatoes till soft. Peel and mash potatoes.
4. Grind green chili n sat to a coarse paste to get chili paste.
5. Take sago, mashed potatoes, corn flour, peanut powder, green chili paste and salt in a bowl and mix well to make the dough.
6. Pinch a lemon sized portion and make round ball. Press it down in the middle to make flat discs.
7. Heat oil in a pan. When oil is hot, deep fry these discs till golden brown. Enjoy hot vade!