Super hot..Chili Chutney...Slurrp!
Namma Latha Chikkamma's fiery hot chili chuteny. Try it..
This was the result at home.... Slurrp..
Hannumenasinakayi Chutney ~
Preparation time : 10 mins Total Time Taken : 20mins
Serves : Several servings
Recipe Source – Chikkamma (aunt)
Coriander Seeds : 1 Tbsp
Menthe (Fenugreek seeds): 1tsp
Coriander leaves : 1 small bunch
Tamarind Paste – 4 Tbsp
Jaggery/Palm Sugar – 1 lemon sized ball
Salt for taste
Mustard, curry leaves and asafoetida for seasoning
1. Use naturally ripened green chilies (which have turned red) for this preparation to get good taste. This preparation is not for dried red chilies.
2. Separate stem from chili. Rinse them with water. Pat dry. Cut them into half and fry it for a minute in a drop of oil. Take this in mixer grinder.
3. Add rest of the ingredients listed above and grind to smooth paste. Use as little water as possible.
4. Heat remaining oil in the pan and add mustard. When mustard stops popping, add curry leaves and asafoetida followed by ground chutney.
5. Fry for 2 minutes and switch it off. Taste and adjust flavors as needed.
6. Serve it with hot rice n ghee or dosa or chapathi or curd rice or any dish of your choice.
7. Stays good for a week or two if stored outside. I usually store it in refrigerator.