Preparation time : 10 mins Total Time Taken : 30mins
Serves : 5 people
Recipe Source – Mother-in-law
Menthesoppu: Leaves only from a big bunch. About 3 fist full when loosely held.
Coriander Seeds : 1 Tbsp
Red Chilies : 7
Onion : 1 big or 2 medium sized onions
Ginger: 1” piece
Garlic: 2 cloves
Fresh grated coconut-2 Tbsp
Tamarind Paste – 2 ~3 Tbsp
Jaggery/Palm Sugar – 1 lime sized
Salt for taste
Mustard, Asafoetida for seasoning
1. Separate leaves from stem. Wash thoroughly with water.
2. Heat a tsp of oil in a non-stick pan and fry fenugreek leaves and fry till the leaves wilt.
3. Add rest of the ingredients listed above and grind to smooth paste. Use as little water as possible.
4. Heat remaining oil in the pan and add mustard. When mustard stops popping, add asafoetida followed by ground chutney.
5. Fry till the bitterness of chutney reduces. Taste and adjust flavors as needed.
6. Serve with hot rice n ghee / Mosaranna(yogurt rice)/ Chapathi/Dosa