Shenga Chutney ~ Peanut Chutney
Preparation time : 10 mins Total Time Taken : 15mins
Serves : 5 people
Shenga/Peanuts: 3 fistfuls
Coconut : 2 Tbsp
Red Chilies : 5 (3 spicy + 2 byadgi chili)
Garlic : 1 clove
Tamarind Paste – 1 Tsp
Jaggery/Palm Sugar – little
Salt for taste
Mustard, uriddal, curry leaves, Asafoetida for seasoning
1. Fry peanuts and red chili in a tsp of oil .
2. Take fried peanuts, coconut, tamarind, jiggery, salt and chili in a mixer grinder. Grind to coarse paste.
3. Add a clove of garlic and continue to grind by adding little water at a time. If you want thick chutney, use as little water as possible.
4. Heat remaining oil in the pan and add mustard. When mustard stops popping, add urid dal and fry till it turns red. Add curry leaves and asafetida. Pour this seasoning on ground chutney.
5. Serve it with idli or dosa.
Don't forget to pack it for your lunch box