Astha Lakshmi Stotra; Lakshmi Ashtaka;Sarawasti stotra lyrics in Kannada
Navaratri was always filled with loads of work for amma. From 5 AM in the morning to 10 PM night we would see her work relentlessly in Prayer Room and Kitchen. She taught us few slokas which were chanted everyday for 9 days during Navaratri. The first 4 days was specially kept aside for Lakshmi Asthaka, next 2 days for Saraswati slokas and remaining 3 days for Durgastotras. Lakshmi Ashtaka was something she recited everyday and listening to her we had learned it. The divine atmosphere early in the morning with her sweet voice of aarthi, slokas and sweet smell of incence sticks and fragrance of good food..ummm..we miss those days.
The very first prize I won in my life was for sloka recitation at the age of 5... teaching credits go to my dad who made me stand against the wall and made me recite Saraswathi stotra, Vigneshwara stotra 4 times a day :) . He was and is..proud of that achievement even now. He tells those stories to my son "you know your mummy took first prize for telling "jaijai" (god) song when she went to nursery" and my son is all ears listening to those stories..He has an agenda this time for my dad 1. tatha (grandpa) must show me amma's school 2. he must also ...show me amma's school photos..his tatha is equally excited as him and counting down the days... :D
Well... coming back to stotras and sholkas, I thought of sharing my handwritten stotras which were in Kannada Script. Readers please bear with my handwriting. I have also linked to sites which show English version of the lyrics, Audio clips, so please go through them too..
Audio Clips at Kannadaaudio(dot)com
English Text of the Stotra here
AshtaLakshmi Stotra Continued....
Audio Clips at Kannadaaudio (dot) com
English text of the stotram here
English Text of Stotras here and here
- ► 2012 (40)
- ► 2011 (42)
- ► 2010 (38)
- ► 2009 (88)
- ಎಲ್ಲ ಕನ್ನಡಿಗರಿಗೆ ರಾಜ್ಯೋತ್ಸವದ ಶುಭಾಶಯಗಳು
- Re-Posting few dishes for Challenge E...
- Tomato Saaru/ Tomato Soup (?)
- Bengaluru Vankaya Charu
- Happy Deepavali, Sweets Recipes
- Maldi Unde/Godhi Unde - Reader's Recipe
- Khara Aloogadde, Basale Hashi and Khara Mandakki
- Baalekayi Bajji / Plantain Fritters, Kadalebele & ...
- Pakodas and Shavige Payasa
- A simple thali for SWC-Andhra
- Ananthana Gantu Rangoli - Reader Request
- Ragi Idli for Tried and Tasted and No Coconut Samb...
- Heerekayi (Ridgegourd) Chutney and Ragi Rotti
- Food Bloggers in News :)
- Akash turned 6.......
- Godhi Huggi/Chanadal and Broken Wheat Payasam
- Pappu/Flavored Lentils
- Navaratri Festive Food - Food Roud up
- Navaratri Festive Food Round Up - Photos of Dasara...
- Mosaru Ambode/Dal Vada in Spiced Yogurt
- Mixed Fruit Sajjige / Soji Halwa with fruits
- Saraswathi Astottara, Lalitha Sahasranama Lyrics i...
- Shavige/Vermicilli Burfi - Dasara - Saraswathi Poo...
- Hesarukaalu Guggri/Stirfried mung beans
- SWC-West Bengal Round Up
- Astha Lakshmi Stotra; Lakshmi Ashtaka;Sarawasti st...
- ▼ Oct (27)