Banana image courtesy: on time exports
Disclaimer: Pictures don't do any justice to the curry blogged here. It tastes far more tasty than it looks :)
Raw Banana : 3 (peeled & chopped into 1/2" or 1" cubes)
Oil : 1 tbsp
Rasam Powder : 1tbsp
Coconut grated : 1 tbsp (fresh coconut)
Turmeric : a pinch
All the above 3 ingredients to be adjusted according to your taste.
Mustard seeds and curry leaves for tempering
1. Heat oil in the pan and add mustrard seeds. When mustard stops spluttering add curry leaves and add turmeric + chopped banana.
2. Good to use a non-stick pan or else the chances of banana sticking to the pan is high.
3. Fry till banana is little soft. It takes around 3-4 mins. Add in tamarind juice, salt, jaggery, rasam powder, grated coconut and 1 cup water. Bring it to boil and cook banana.
4. Taste and adjust the salt, sour and sweetness of the curry before you switch off the stove. This is done in 15 mins time.
5. The curry does not have too much water or gravy. Why call it curry? Me still thinking..
Serve with chapathi :