Wishing you all readers a very happy deepavali
Rice Flour - 1 cup
Roasted Chickpea Flour - 1/4 cup (hurgadle hittu)
Salt - as required
Ghee (or oil)+Shortening(dalda) - 2tbsp
Water - 1+1/4 cup (depending on the type of rice flour)
Oil for frying
1. Adding Shortening enabled me to store these chaklis in a very humid environment with less difficulty.
2. You can use butter/Ghee or oil without shortening
1. Bring water to boil with salt added to it.
2. Powder roasted chickpeas (hurgadle) and keep it near
3. When water starts boiling, add rice flour and mix. Switch off the stove.
4. Add chickpeaflour, ghee and mix all the ingredients. Knead the mixture and keep it aside.
5. Heat oil for frying and parallelly load the well-knead dough into the 'chakli' press and make chaklis on a news paper.
6. Slide these pressed chaklis' into the hot oil and fry till crisp. At this stage oil stops making bubbling around the chaklis, this is just a hint ;).
7. Drain them over paper and store well.
Happy Deepavali again :)