Sugarless Halwa ~ Figs, Dates & Raisins rock
Got loads of dry fruits post Deepavali ? Try Figs, Dates and Raisins Halwa..
Recipe is inspired by 'Lite Bites' blog. Thank you Sanjeeta.
Makes about 20 halwa laddos of the size shown in the picture. This recipe needs soaking dry fruits overnight.
Figs - 10
Dates - 100g (Lion Dates)
Raisins - handful
Ghee (or melted butter) - 1 tsp
Almonds and Pistachios - roasted and chopped into small pieces.
1. Soak figs, dates and raisins together in water overnight. I used up all the dry fruits I had at home.
2. Do not soak in too much water. More water = more time in front of stove mixing the halwa.
3. Grind all the fruits. Use the soaked water to blend.
4. Transfer this paste to non-stick pan and fry on low-medium flame till the moisture evaporates and becomes thick. When halwa starts leaving the pan and comes toghether, add a teaspoon of ghee and continue to fry for 2 more minutes. Add almond & pistachio pieces and mix well.
5. Remove the pan from stove and keep it aside. When it comes to room temperature, refrigerate it for an hour.
6. Rub ghee on your palm and make laddus.
7. Top it with almond & pistachio powder and serve. Chill before you serve :)
8. I also drizzled it with icing sugar, but halwa instantly absorbed it!
- Fried Idlis ~ Left Over Solutions
- Bread Uppitt
- Aaloogadde Sagu (Potato Sagu)
- Balekayi Palya(Raw Banana curry) ~ Easy
- Strawberry and Banana Milk Shake
- Sugarless Halwa ~ Figs, Dates & Raisins rock
- Mysore Pak
- Kobbari Mithai/Coconut Burfi
- Muchore/Musarlu ~ Chakli Varieties
- Rave Unde / Rava Laddu
- ▼ Nov (12)
- ► 2011 (42)
- ► 2010 (38)
- ► 2009 (88)
- ► 2008 (161)